• Professor of Voice, Dean College, Franklin, MA. I teach Applied Voice to Theatre Studies majors as well as non-majors and the Fundamentals of Music Course. January 2012–present.
• Music Director, Pianist/Organist, Choir Director, First Parish Unitarian Universalist, Medfield, MA, I direct the intergenerational choir of 10–14 members as well as select and perform piano and organ pieces for the weekly services for a moderate-sized congregation. September 2006–present.
• Chair, Music Theory/Composition Department; Chair, Voice Department, Composer-in-Residence, Community Music Center of Boston, MA. Chair, Faculty Council. I teach eight levels of music theory/solfege/composition for the Intensive Study Project (ISP), which prepares highly motivated high school students for a conservatory environment. I also teach adolescents and adults private lessons in voice and music theory/composition. September 2007–present.
• Director, Eva Kendrick Voice Studio, Medfield, MA and Providence, RI. I teach voice lessons to students of all ages, hold three annual concerts and encourage students to participate in competitions, NATS chapter events and local auditions. 2008–present.
• Adjunct Faculty, Community College of Rhode Island, Lincoln, RI. I taught a Voice Class for non-music majors which covered the fundamentals of vocal technique and performance as a maternity leave replacement. Spring 2012.
• Composition Instructor, Fidelity Futurestage Music Program, Boston Chapter. I instructed students in an intensive, one-year program to create their own pieces. 2008–2009.
• Opera Educator and Composition Teacher for OPERAtunity Afterschool Program, Opera Providence, Perry Middle School, Olneyville, RI. I taught singing basics and coached opera scenes to students at an inner city middle school. 2006 and 2007.
• Music Director and Rehearsal Pianist, Le Bistro Café, Whitmore-Lindley Theatre, Los Angeles, 2003 and First Parish Medfield, 2013.
• Music Director, Shining, Song Cycle performances at the Longy School of Music SeptemberFEST Concert Series, St. Martin’s Church, Herring Run Arts Festival and the EBELL of Los Angeles, 2005, 2006.
•Music Director and Rehearsal Pianist for Emily, productions at the Pasadena Balcony Theatre, EBELL of Los Angeles, The Mary K. Hail Music Mansion (Providence, RI), the Longfellow National Park (Cambridge), and First Parish Medfield, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2012.
• Guest Accompanist and Soloist at St. Matthew-Trinity Lutheran Church, St. Martin’s Church, St. Steven’s, Holy Name of Jesus, St. Edward’s and St. Anthony’s Churches in Providence, RI.
• Theory and Solfege Tutor for students at the Longy School of Music, Rhode Island College, the Community College of Rhode Island, and the University of Rhode Island.
• Tutor in voice, piano, and chorus at St. Mary’s Home for Children in Providence, RI.
• Trills ’n Chills, an a cappella ensemble comprised of students from the Eva Kendrick Voice Studio, 2011–present.
• CMCBeats, a vocal ensemble for middle and high school aged students at the Community Music Center of Boston, 2011–present.
• Excellente Choir, Excel High School, Dorchester Heights, MA. I directed a new chorus formed to perform at the Excel High School Graduation, 2011.
• Boston Latin Academy Vocal Project, Dorchester, MA. I directed 12 students in a jazz, pop and R&B ensemble, sponsored by a one-year grant from Fidelity Futurestage and in conjunction with the Boston Latin Academy Jazz Band, 2009–2010.
• SMARTS Summer Institute, Voice Instructor, Senior Level (grades 7–12). I taught private lessons and classes in musical theatre, songwriting and stage combat at this summer program for high school students. 2006 and 2007.
• M.M. Composition, with Distinction, Longy School of Music, 2003–2006.
• B.M. Vocal Performance, cum laude, Rhode Island College, 1993–1997.
- 16 ASCAPLU$ Awards, Concert Division, 2000–present.
- Winner, New Music Search, Verdant Vibes Inaugural Season, 2016.
- Honorable Mention, The American Prize, Opera/Theater/Film Division for short opera The Break-Up, 2015.
- Semi-Finalist, The American Prize, Chamber Music Division (Professional), 2015.
- International Alliance of Women in Music, Performance Assistance Grant, 2015.
- Winner, Judith Lang Zaimont Prize for chamber piece Juntos, International Alliance of Women in Music, New Music Search Competition, 2014.
- Massachusetts Cultural Council Grant for the production of the original, full-length musical Operator, 2014.
- Marilla McDill Prize for Teaching Excellence and Community Service, Community Music Center of Boston, 2014.
- Unitarian-Universalist Musicians Network, Music Leadership Certification Program Scholarship Recipient, 2013-2015.
- Unitarian-Universalist General Assembly Scholarship Recipient, 2013.
- Unitarian-Universalist Musicians Network Scholarship, 2012.
- Eva Kendrick Rising Star Award presented to first-year ISP student Charlotte Goddu, 2012; Nethania Marc, 2013; Christopher Kim, 2014: Dante Minutillo, 2016, Cody Yee, 2017.
- International Alliance of Women in Music New Music Search, Honorable Mention, Judith Lang Zaimont category for Sonata for Flute, Oboe, Clarinet and Viola, 2011.
- International Alliance of Women in Music New Music Search, Honorable Mention, Judith Lang Zaimont category for Against the Grain, 2010.
- National Film Challenge Award: Best Sci-Fi, Realizing Glen (Composer), Coal Miner Films, 2008.
- Longy School of Music Scholarship, 2003-2005.
- American Composers Forum, Los Angeles Chapter, Subito Grant Recipient for full-length musical Le Bistro Cafe, 2003.
- USA Today Award, All-USA College Award, Honorable Mention for chamber piece Evening Prayer, 1996.
- Robert J. Graves Music Scholarship, 1993.
- National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) awards: 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd places, Providence, RI; 3rd place, Boston, MA.
- Graduate, UUA Music Leadership Cerftification Program, 2013-2016.
- Participant, Classical Singer Convention, Chicago, IL, 2017.
- Guest Speaker, Longy School of Music Composition Seminar, 2016.
- Participant, Unitarian-Universalist Musicians Network Conference, 2016.
- Featured Composer, International Alliance of Women in Music Congress, 2015.
- Workshop Leader on the Business Aspects of Music , Unitarian-Universalist Musicians Network National Conference, San Diego, CA, 2014.
- Musical Leader, (Vocalist) Unitarian-Universalist General Assembly, Providence, RI 2014.
- Workshop Leader on Solo Vocal Repertoire, Guest Composer and Vocalist, Ballou-Channing District Unitarian-Universalist Musicians Network Conference, Attleboro, MA, 2014.
- Performer & Guest Composer, Unitarian-Universalist Musicians Network Conference, Dallas, TX, 2013.
- Musical Leader (Vocalist/Pianist), Unitarian-Universalist General Assembly, Louisville, KY, 2013.
- Guest Speaker on Music Theory & Composition, Milford High School, 2013.
- Judge, National Association of Teachers of Singing Song Festival, Musical Theatre Division, Rhode Island Chapter, 2009-present.
- Judge, National Association of Teachers of Singing Song Festival, Musical Theatre Division, Boston Chapter, 2011-present.
- Guest Performer, Unitarian-Universalist Church of Honolulu, HI, 2012.
- Performer & Participant, Unitarian-Universalist Musicians Network Conference, Tulsa, OK, 2012.
- Featured Composer, International Alliance of Women in Music Congress, Flagstaff, AZ, 2011.
- Participant, ASCAP I Create Music Expo, Los Angeles, CA 2011.
- Participant, National Association of Teachers of Singing New England Conference (NATS), Wellesley, MA, 2011.
- Panel Discussion Leader, Young Composers Festival, Boston, MA, 2010.
- Festival Planning Committee, Panel Discussion Leader, Young Composers Festival, Community Music Center of Boston, 2007–present.
- Participant, NATS New England Conference, Andover, New Hampshire, 2009.
- Guest Speaker, Longy School of Music Composition Seminar, Boston, MA, 2009.
- Guest Speaker, Classroom Cantatas Composition Program, Cantata Singers, Boston, MA, 2009.
- Participant, Unitarian-Universalist Musicians Network Conference, Boston, MA, 2008.
- Guest Speaker, Life (As an Art Form) Experiential Workshop by Jesh De Rox, Boston, MA, 2008.
- Project Coordinator, SWAN (Support Women Artists Now) Day Festivals, 2009 and 2010.
- President, Student Advisory Council, Longy School of Music, 2004–2005.
- American Conservatory Theatre Summer Training Congress, San Francisco, CA, 1999.
• Voice Class, Community College of Rhode Island.
• Intro to Music Theory and Music Theory I-VII, Community Music Center of Boston (CMCB), Intensive Study Program.
• Intro to Songwriting, SMARTS Summer Camp.
• Beginning and Intermediate Composition and Arranging, Community Music Center of Boston.
• Musical Theatre Singing and Scenes, SMARTS Summer Camp.
• Voice Class, Boston Latin Academy.
• Music Appreciation, OPERAtunity Outreach Program.
• Opera Class, OPERAtunity Outreach.
• Private Voice, CMCB, SMARTS and Eva Kendrick Voice Studio.
- Boston Opera Collaborative for Wish You Were Here, a 10-minute opera to be performed at Opera Bites, 2017.
- An undisclosed work to be premiered in Boston, 2017.
- Longy School of Music for a 10-minute opera, American Flag, for their joint concert with the Boston Opera Collaborative, Opera Bites, 2016.
- Ensemble Lyrae (Boston vocal group), for their debut concert series, 2016.
- First Parish Unitarian-Universalist Green Sanctuary Committee, for a Green Sanctuary hymn, 2016.
- The Break-Up, an opera miniature, to be performed in concert in 2014 by Bass-Baritone William O'Neill, 2014.
- First Parish Unitarian-Universalist of Medfield, Installation Ceremony, 2014.
- Anon Trio (Atlanta, GA), for their debut concert series, 2013.
- Milford High School Chamber Singers (Milford, MA) Spring Concert, 2013.
- Animus ensemble (Boston, MA) for their 2011-2012 concert season, 2012.
- First Parish Medfield Choir (Medfield, MA), 2010–2011.
- American Shakespeare Company (Los Angeles, CA), for a piece for an upcoming multimedia educational project, 2009.
- To a Man documentary film score, funded by a COHASI Grant. The film is a documentary exploring the role of young men in Staten Island suburbs, 2008 and 2009.
- Dinosaur Annex Young Composers Festival Grand Concert Commission (Boston, MA), for wind ensemble and string trio, 2009.
- New Gallery Concert Series (Boston, MA), for a piece for folk harp and cello, 2009.
- Anthology (Cambridge, MA), a cappella female quartet, for their concert tour based on “Songs of Civil Protest and Unrest,” 2009.
- Rialto Arts (Boston, MA), for a multimedia live performance of “Buccaneers of Buzz,” a documentary-style event featuring the plight of bee hives across the country, 2008.
- Community Music Center of Boston Orchestra and Chorus (Boston, MA), for the celebration of Executive Director David Lapin’s 25th anniversary, 2008.
- William O’Neill (San Francisco, CA), Bass-Baritone, for a recital at the San Francisco Conservatory, 2008.
- First Parish Needham and Grace Church Choirs (Needham, MA), for a concert featuring New England Composers “Voices of the Spirit, Voices of New England,” 2007.
- Providence Mandolin Orchestra, (Providence, RI) for a piece for their 2006 concert season.
- Jessica Sherer (Cambridge, MA), flutist, for a piece for her Masters Recital at the Longy School of Music, 2006.
- Second Star to the Right (Cambridge, MA), violin, flute, and piano trio, New England tour, 2005.
- Quincy Quartet (Somerville, MA), clarinet and three cellos, Summer Music Clinic, 2005.
Recent Venues for Original Music
Longy School of Music SeptemberFEST Concert Series • John Kleshenski Concert Series • SWAN (Support Women Artists Now) Day RI Festival • Pickman Hall • Herring Run Arts Fest • Birth of a Musical Festival • The Magdalena Project (USA) • Voices of the Spirit: Voices of New England • Arts in the Village Concert Series • Longfellow National Park Concert Series • Summer Shorts Festival • First Parish Medfield • Perishable Theatre’s Live/Whirled Series • WaterFire Providence • The Lilypad • EBELL of Los Angeles • Mary K. Hail Music Mansion • Whitmore-Lindley Theatre • Allen Hall.
Eric Whitacre, Stephen Paulus, Alex Shapiro, Judith Christin, Frances Devlin-Epsen, Suzanna Guzman, Daniel Helfgott, Nina Hinson, Barry Jones, Edward Markward, Alan Smith, Henri Venanzi, William Vendice.
• Composition: John Howell Morrison.
• Voice: Shigemi Matsumoto, Karyl Ryczek, Donald St. Jean, Susan Rodgers.
• Baroque Recorder: Isle Schaler, Catherine Hawkes, Heidi Garretson.
• ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers).
• NATS (National Association of Teachers of Singing), Associate Member, Boston and Rhode Island Chapters.
• IAWM (International Alliance of Women in Music).
• Unitarian-Universalist Musicians Network.
Piano, organ, Baroque alto and soprano recorder, Alexander Technique. Software programs: Sibelius, Finale, Cubase, Pro Tools, Peak, GarageBand.
Yellow Jacket, short independent film: featured song. Directed by Chris Nash. 2010
To a Man, feature-length documentary directed by Mikhael Antone. Score and incidental music. 2009.
Realizing Glenn, a short film directed by Barara Siedl. Score and music for opening and closing credits. 2005.